Basis for most of these videosEdit
The premise (for all grounded videos) is a child intentionally screwing up in something, returning to their residence (typically a house; some grounded videos have kids living in other places), and getting grounded by their parents for a ridiculous amount of years (for instance, some children in these videos get grounded for 892347928347023984092309401003493856493725361........................................ years). All basic grounded videos are composed of the following:
Anatomy of grounded videosEdit
All grounded videos are constructed like this:
The Screw-Up SceneEdit
This scene involves a kid screwing-up (with intent) or causing havok (also with intent). Here's a list of some of the things these troublemakers do in these videos:
- A male character (entering a boy's restroom in school with disgust) decides to visit the much more pleasant girl's restroom
- Characters creating earthquakes by simply jumping or pulling down a lever (to simulate one)
- Characters receiving the worst cards on behavior card day
- Characters misbehaving in stores
- Characters misbehaving in restaurants (mainly McDonald's)
- Characters cheating off of somebody else's test
- Characters stealing another's lunch
- Characters watching the THX logo
- Male characters hitting on girls
- Female characters dancing in their swimsuits
- Characters divorcing each other
- Characters destroying Manhattan
- Characters farting
- Characters making fun of somebody else
The Grounded SceneEdit
As mentioned earlier, the parents of these troublemakers in grounded videos usually punish their kids for nonsensical reasons. The parents even have the authoritative power to force kids into watching Barney & Friends, Dora the Explorer, and other shows the troublemaker dislikes. Worst of all, the parents in those video would ground kids for tranquility, infinity, double forever, forever, for life, humanity, triple tranquility, or a large numerical amount of years (such as, 9828939813713479359963061513649103934763183173923982718424738962981149312414238949520 years). Those who hate grounded videos claim this to be not only detestable, but also cold-hearted and weak. The fans really could care less.
Yes, as mentioned in the first paragraph of this page, there is infact, a grounded community home to all of the world's grounded video fans, grounded video creators, and grounded videos. Plenty of them respect opinions from users outside the community, collaborate with non-grounded video makers, and assist others. A large portion of them, however, are viewed as "bigotic users between the ages of 8-13; some of which are adults who behave immaturely". These types of users could sometimes disrespect opinions from grounded video haters (posting grounded threats to their haters' channels). They might also upload grounded threat videos recorded with their webcam (exposing themselves to the public; cyber-grounding somebody else). Some of these users force others into liking GoAnimate, hating Flash, and most evidently, unsubbing them.
It's a relief that half of these grounded video makers actually respect the opinions of others and actually upload different videos once in a while (some of which actually departed from grounded vids all together including AMSalley94).